Monday, August 18, 2014

8/9/14 - 8/17/14 Philly Training Camp



Training camp in Philly was an incredible experience last week. I wish it could have gone on for 3 more weeks. I could live like that everyday of my life. Wake up early, train HARD with crazy good athletes, eat, nap, drink some coffee, train HARD again, eat, rest, train again. The intensity was high all week long. I learned a ton from my teammates. Several skills improved, learned backward rolls, a better grasp on freestanding HSPU's (not mastered yet), great improvement on "basic" gymnastic skills (muscleups, butterfly ctb's, depth HSPU's, etc.).

If you'd like to see some clips from training camp check out my YouTube channel HERE.

The most important thing I took from it was a new level of competitiveness. Aside from all jokes and pissing contests with the boys, I learned again what it feels like to want to win at EVERYTHING. I don't mean try hard at everything, I mean to want to crush the person next to you at whatever it is he/she is doing. A week full of that was FUN.

Unfortunately, when the dust settled, I was not chosen to be a part of the 7 active men for this season's roster. For whatever reason I have not proven myself to be an important enough asset to the team to be included on the active roster. I will listen and learn, and do everything I can to improve, however, I am satisfied with the FACT that there is nothing more I could have contributed to my goal of performing on the main stage. I threw everything at it. I wish my team the best of luck during the races and will continue to represent Philly to my fullest effort. WE are a solid team who is strongly underrated. Watch out.



You see the phrase "full effort = full victory" a lot now. Something I repeated for a long time. Now it has adapted into something more. Full effort requires sacrifices, and commitment, not just hard effort in the gym. Time away from my Fiance', money spent, grinding through injuries, time away from work, giving up security, letting your guard down, and not being afraid to fail.

It's transformed into Full Commitment = Full Victory

Here's to another learning experience that I will do my best to flip into a lesson that will help me grow as an athlete and a person. Always thankful for this and not just when things go my way.

Now, It's time for the real commitment to the most important person in my life. I can not wait to start this next chapter of our lives together. I love you Brandi and we have so much to look forward to together! Thank you for hanging in there the past few months. Time for a kick ass wedding! #McBonifayNuptials is going to start trending. #I'llmarryyouifyoumarryme


No comments:

Post a Comment