Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2/22/12 - Double (MAP Training + Testing)

will

part 1:
run 5 min warm up, then...
Run 30 sec @ 90% aerobic
Run 20 sec @ 50% easy pace recovery x 20;
Run 5 min cool down

5:45 AM Fasted
Done on tread mill because of thunderstorm. This turned out great for the session we had. I loved the consistency. I was able to keep the same pace for all 90% & 50%. It was more like run at 90% for 30 sec, then slow down to 50% and then speed back up to 90%. By the time I slowed down and speed up 20 sec was gone.

Tried to pace with gf Brandi Bonifay who runs like a freakin gazelle. I've realized I need someone to chase/pace to get the most out of these MAP sessions. Huge help. Trying to keep up with Shep yesterday too was pretty fun.

Grateful for the training partners I have.rest 6+ hours

part 2:
3 rounds for time all out:
10 FS from ground - 175#/120#
10 burpees
10 CTB chin ups

3:01 All UB. Regular Kip CTB Pullups. Probably would knock off 20 seconds if I could butterfly. Felt good today. I could see around 2:40 on this one in prime shape. Don't feel very fast right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment