Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2/23/12 - Double Training

will

part 1:
EMOM build to a tough DL single
(add 20# per set) - start with 50-60% of 1RM on bar
Started at 275#, ended at 435#.
Went carefully on the pulls today. First time deadlifting since my back issues. Felt pretty good. Back is feeling really good. Weight felt heavy as crap.
rest 2 min
AMRAP Burpees in 90 sec - jump to touch 8ft marker at top with one arm
43 @ 95%
rest 2 min
AMRAP Meters rowed in 60 sec
356m
rest 2 min
AMRAP miles on Airdyne in 30 sec
.24 Miles

rest 6+ hours

part 2:
Swim 100m free warm up - Sidestroke, felt great. Jumped in and went.
+
dive in, Not allowed,
swim 25 m free @ 100%
rest 1 min x 5
Felt ok. I can't quite "sprint" during freestyle. I get too out of control and just splash water around. More of a controlled all out stroke.
+
stand in water, exhale, swim underwater for as long as possible
rest 60 sec head out of water relaxed x 5
This was hard as hell! Surprised the mess out of me and Shep. We progressed a few more feet each time though. I think the most I made it was like 10m
+
accumulate 5 min total time hands in air out of water while treading water with legs
1:00/1:00 - treading water. I could not for the life of me keep my head above water. I had to use one arm. Kept one high out of water.


No comments:

Post a Comment