Saturday, August 17, 2013

8/17/13 - AM Airdyne/Skill work + PM Training

AM
AD 45 min @ Z1
get off every 5 min and perform 10 m HS walk, 10 squats and 10 push ups

Done. Fasted. Felt good. HS walks were good practice. I was walking in and out of my garage. Slight incline and on/off floor mats. Made it tough, but good practice. 4th set my right forearm started to ache. I think the elbow and tendons in the forearm are a little flared up from some work I did this week. Just feels achy and painful to squeeze. Ice and ibuprofen.


PM
A. Press Cluster - 2.2.2 x 5; rest 4 min - 10 sec b/t reps, rack b/t 2's
135, 155, 165, 170, 175
Last few sets were grinders. Good lifting


+
5 sets:
3 tire flips
225# 25 m OH walk with barbell
rest 90 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znkqueecIGI&feature=youtu.be

Done. About 80-90sec a set. TOUGH. This tire was no joke. I LOVED it. OH Carry was pretty tough too.
Especially in the backyard in the grass. Such a fun session. Love me some more of that!


+
10 min @ 80-90%:
1 rope climb leg less
3 strict depth HSPU on DB's - 2-3"
10 lunges
AD .4 miles

4 sets 
Tried to keep the rest minimal but had to take a few minutes to set up. I was pretty wrecked after part 1. This AMRAP was fun. Hardest part was the DB strict HSPU. 
rest 5 min

10 min @ 80-90%:
Yoke moderate 25 m carry
HS walk 25 m
FW - 100#/h 25 m
crawl 25 m

1 + 25m HS WALK.
I would have flown through this if it weren't the HS walk. I used my back yard and it was extremely difficult to walk. Very uneven. Good challenge. Shoulders wer absolutely smoked too from all the previous work. Fun session. Feels good to be back into my Saturday routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment