Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Long over due CF Games post

GODfidence: Faith in His plan regardless of the current outcome.

I'm finally back home from travelling for about 2 weeks. After flying back from LA on Tuesday from the Games I left the next morning to go to NYC for the rest of the week until yesterday. Had some time to relax, let my body heal and recollect on the events from the passed few weeks. I can easily say this has been the most eventful 2 weeks of my entire life. Competed at the CrossFit Games, which has been a goal of mine for a very long time, and I asked my girlfriend/best friend/roommate/training partner to be my wife. Thankfully she said yes, because it could have caused problems otherwise :) Words can't describe the high I am STILL on right now.

First off I am so thankful for all my Faction family and friends who have supported me over the years and especially in the previous months leading up to the Games. Could not have done it without you.

I am also extremely grateful for my sponsors. Taking a chance on CF athletes is tough for a company because CF Games athletes change like the seasons. I am grateful to have been selected to represent companies, and their products, that I truly believe are the best out there. My sponsors generosity makes the training easier, and definitely more enjoyable. Finally, a big thanks to my OPT team, family, and community. I am proud to be a part of an organization that has stuck to what the believe in and saw some wonderful pay off this year. Thanks to my coach, James, for providing a master plan, providing a voice of reason, and for being a great mentor.

I could take the time to pick apart each event and try to figure out where I could have changed rep schemes or speed up, but that was not the case for me in almost any event. Sure, I am not at all pleased with my 40th place finish. But I'm not going to ask for something I don't have yet either. What I mean is, most of the events I had problems with were not a strategical error, or bad pacing. I flat out did not have the ability to do better, yet. I choose to view this year as a stepping stone. When I first started competing, my first Regionals, I did not make the cut for day 2. I was crushed, mainly because I didn't see, at the time, how much more I could improve as an athlete. I thought I was already "Good" and that I was as "Good" as I was going to be. I didn't know I was just scratching the surface.

I can and will improve over the next year. I'm not at my peak yet. I'm no where close. I can't believe how much I learned that weekend, about how much that can be improved. One thing I do know, it was the most fun I have ever had competing, and I didn't shine in ANY events. I can't wait to see how much fun it is when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment