Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4/30/13 - AM Airdyne Recovery + PM Training

AM
Airdyne 30 min @125-140 bpm

Done. Around 132 average. Stretched a little bit and rolled out. Feeling tired and sluggish.
PM
A. Push press; build to a 3 rep max
265#, 275#, 300#, 305#X 

300# x 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPjX9jaevg4&feature=youtu.be

Felt strong. Elbows and shoulders ached afterwards. Lowering was tough. 300# felt so strong. 305 didn't budge. I was fried. I got really fired up for 300. Way more there though.
+
EMOM for 12 min:
Odd- 3 front squat 250# (from floor)
Even- 5 muscle ups
+
EMOM for 12 min:
Odd- 3 squat snatch 165#
Even- 10 kipping hspu

Done. First 12 felt great. Cleans and front squats were easy. MU's were easy.
Second 12 was tough on the shoulders. Snatches were easy. HPSU's felt stupid. I have GOT to nail down a consistent kip. I'm uploading some video. I just need to practice and find a good technique I can stick with.
I split between a small frog kip, and a "butt against the wall" parallette type kip.

I was tired and slow going into this evening. After the session was done, I felt recharged and my drive is back. Must have just taken a few days to recover from the weekends testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment